Back Pain & Sciatica
Each year, millions of Americans are adversely impacted by back pain. At one point or another, nearly 80% of the U.S. population experience back pain.
While there are a lot of treatment options available, many of these only address the symptoms and don’t target the actual cause of your pain or handle it for the long term.
The three main causes of low back pain and sciatica are:
- Herniated Discs
- Pelvis issues
Without identifying the correct cause of your pain there is no way to develop the proper treatment plan. (For more on Sciatica treatment, see our Sciatica Treatment page.)
Our physical therapists will find the actual cause of your back pain. The goal of effectively resolving your low back pain or sciatica includes…
- Identify the true cause
- Create a unique plan for your specific condition
- Relieve your pain
- Restore your normal motion, flexibility, mobility
- Strengthen the supporting muscle
- Return to your normal activities
Here at Hayes Physical Therapy we specialize in Back and Sciatica Pain. Our therapists are very experienced and have the knowledge and skills to provide a number of different ways to reach your goal of getting back to your normal self again.
On your first visit…
- It begins with a full interview and physical therapy examination.
- Afterwards the therapist will explain to you in English, not medical jargon, where the cause of your problem is coming from.
- YOUR GOALS and YOUR EXPECTATIONS will be discussed and agreed upon.
- Considering those goals, you will learn what successful treatment looks like.
- You and the therapist will discuss this plan and work together to resolve your pain and get you back to your normal self again.
Common conditions we treat:
- Back Pain
- Lumbar sprains/strains
- Herniated or Bulging Disc (HNP)
- Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD)
- Spinal Stenosis
- Sciatica and leg pain
- Facet pain
- Compression fractures
- Post surgical rehabilitation